STOP. DROP. AND COOKIE.
Hello, lovely people!
Yeah, you heard that right! It’s time to get your cookie on! And these are not just any cookies. Oh no. These are PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP OATMEAL COOKIES. The EASIEST and most DELICIOUS cookies I’ve ever consumed.
Do you ever have those nights when you are in the middle of writing or chilling & you get that hankering for something sweet?
That’s me every night TBH…
Now there’s nights when I want to go all out and try a two hour recipe. But there are also nights when I want something sweet in the next 25 minutes! Share if you relate!
This recipe can be created in that time frame AND you’ll have an extra batch for tomorrow… maybe. No flour or milk needed so this can be formatted to be gluten & dairy free! How fabulous is that??
2/3 cup of Old Fashioned quick-cook oats (use gluten free if needed)
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 cup Creamy Peanut Butter
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
1/2 cup Light Brown Sugar (if in a pinch, substitute white sugar)
3/4 – 1 cup Mini Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
1) Preheat the oven to 350F. I use a Pampered Chef stone pan. But you can simply use a baking sheet & spray it very lightly with cooking spray
2) Grab a cereal bowl. Add oats and baking soda, stir, and set aside.
3) In a large mixing bowl, combine peanut butter, vanilla extract, eggs, and brown sugar all at once. Mix the ingredients thoroughly until dough is creamy, smooth, and consistent! This part is SUPER important so you can eat fluffy cookies!
4) Add dry ingredients in small bowl to the large bowl. Mix well and then…
ADD THE CHOCOLATE!
Don’t be afraid to be generous with it!
As I always say, you can never have too much chocolate!
5) Mix in well & grab a large spoon. Roll a large spoonful into a ball and drop it on the prepared pan. Keep 2-3 inches of space between each cookie.
6) Throw them into the oven and bake for 13-16 minutes! When they are done they should be fluffy inside & out!
Cool for 5 min and DIG IN!
Thanks for checking out this recipe! I’d love to hear how you like it and what your favorite late night snack is! Don’t forget to share with all your sweet tooth buddies!
I will see you soon!